Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Take a Number...

A quick drive down the road to the hospital and I realized I had left Cristine at home!!! Or maybe not. When we arrived we discovered we're not the only ones who had the idea of going into labor... The lobby was stacked. I mean, it wasn't like GA-400 traffic Cumming to Buckhead at 8AM, but the line wasn't exactly moving like the guy who leaves church before the closing song, you know? I recalled the crucifixion scene from "Life of Brian":

"Crucifixion?"
"No, being let go..."
"Oh, right this way..."

Anyway, I digress...

So, we signed in, took a number, met a number of people who were also in line for labor, spoke several languages I didn't know I knew, and made a few phone calls. We were ushered into our loverly room, met our nurse, changed into something more... hospitalish... and strapped in to the monitors.
SUCCESS!!! We've got a room!!!

My bulletproof bride - the monitor says she's having contractions. She's not even registering them. Like Superman getting hit by a car, she looks up at the nurse and says "I had a what?"

At this stage, we're back to "minimally dilated"... No sweat. Plenty of time to upload these phots to the laptop, which is about as slow as... Presleigh coming out... Perhaps we'll have a baby and photos by morning.

Keep your prayers up high and your troubles low.

G'night [or until something crazy happens].

No comments:

Who's Following this Blog:

Live Visitor Map: