Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect!!!


So, since we're still waiting for the baby to arrive, I figured I should use my time wisely. I found a "practice" baby on whom I could hone my feeding skills. However, "Delilah", our practice baby, was a bit unresponsive to the bottle. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I'm sure Presleigh won't quite need as much coaxing.

Once I mastered the bottle feeding, it was time to move on to diaper changing. Since Delilah wasn't very adept at making "poopies", I assumed the "stinky/wipey" phase and moved on ahead of her to the "re-diapering" leg of the race. I held the diaper out, like the book says, but Delilah just wouldn't jump into it. I'm not sure I was holding it at the right angle for her, but that shouldn't matter, should it? Ladies, help me out here...


Alright, truth be told, I've just received a very important phone call... the hospital called. There is room at the inn. We're heading in tonight for the first of two stages of induction and should have a bright, shiny Presleigh sometime between tonight and tomorrow. (I've brought my Dremmel tool just in case she's not bright or shiny. We'll get her polished up for the camera.)

Now's a great time for a shameless plug - please hit the links in the right hand column and support our ministry. Now is a great time to do that, did you know that? Yes, I Googled it. Look in Wikipedia under "great time to give to Seasons of Life Ministries" and it will tell you all about the matching gift campaign we're in right now. Our goal is to add about 8 new $15, $25, and $50 monthly partners by the 15th and 12 more by the 25th. Shameless. I know.

So, what's it going to be? Were the ultrasound photos correct? Will it be a girl or will be exchanging a whole lot of pink for blue? Will Presleigh be a gentle, 6 lb. bobsledder or a 9 lb. canonball? Will Cristine kick the doctor during labor or will he narrowly escape death? Will Lance Armstrong come out of retirement and capture an 8th Tour de France victory (Team Astana denies this...)?

All very fine questions...

(To be continued!)

No comments:

Who's Following this Blog:

Live Visitor Map: