Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Little More Perspective

Today has been a day for activity, rest, and introspection. Nurses come and go to check on mom and Presleigh. Tests have to be done. Medication administered. And, amidst all of this, I gain more and more perspective on who I am and am not. This child is a miracle. Children, in general, are a miracle. When I see this perfect, breathing reflection of my wife and I, I get to participate in the great cliche: "When I look on my child, I get to see how God looks on me."

Do I love all of God's children like I love my own? Do I give them the leeway He's given me so often? Nah. They drive too slow, don't submit to my agenda, take too long to make decisions, and in general, don't do things like I would do them. Yet, God loves me despite my abundant failure to do things His way. I know there are a lot of you out there praying for us right now. Can I add a request? Pray that God helps me to live that kind of love, patience, and perspective without compromising the urgency that His kingdom deserves. Nothing big, you know - abide, love God, love others...

Here's a look at Presleigh again, with her mommy, her daddy, her Grandma, and a bunch of people in scrubs testing her for obsessive compulsive disorder... Oh, I mean testing her tolerance for being wiped, cleaned, scrubbed and otherwise sanitized like she will be when mommy gets her home tomorrow. In art news, Presleigh has completed several very decorative "movements" including one she calls "Going the Distance". She shows great promise, creativity, and dedication to her art form.

Thanks, again, for all of your phone calls, emails, posts, prayers, post-it notes, smoke signals (I assume that's what the car fire in the parking lot was about... touching, very touching, Osama.) We're looking forward to the weekend, when we learn the balance between letting people in and kicking them out.

1 comment:

Amanda Beam said...

yay!! glad to hear everything went well!!! she has so much hair! can't wait to meet her when i get back!

Who's Following this Blog:

Live Visitor Map: