Sunday, August 24, 2008

Patience is a virtue...

Well, we've had our share of conversations with friends and family about how we understand that our new baby will be here in God's timing rather than ours. But, it doesn't always make the anticipation any easier. Cristine, my wonderful bride, has been so patient, even as far as her own patience goes. Which brings us to our topic of the day - when you pray for patience, does God give you patience or just opportunities to exercise your patience muscles?

Yeah, that's what we thought. So, today is officially 13 days from our due date. Mama Cristine is ready to have this baby. Our discussions between each other have revolved around excitement, amazement, gratitude to God, and how very impatient we can be in spite of all He's done for us. Cristine said "I'm just tired, hot, and ready to feel 'normal' again..."

To which I replied:
"If anyone has a right to be impatient, it's me. You've been waiting almost 9 months for this baby - I've been waiting 37 years..."

For once in our marriage, I may have been right.

God is sovereign. God is good. God is worthy of all our praise.

1 comment:

Our Hero, said...

My first boy was two weeks past the predicted time, too. He's 8 years old now and I pray that yours will be as wonderful as mine has turned out to be.

Who's Following this Blog:

Live Visitor Map: